Sunday, September 19, 2021

Some thoughts from 2017.

  Consider, I wrote this in the first year of TFG's regime. I stand by what I said then, and say it again now:


                       This is not going to be a well-received post. Donald Trump or no Donald Trump, the time is going to come when we will just have to take the hit and take North Korea out. I know. It's not something anyone wants to think of. It's not a pretty outlook. Friends, I do not say this lightly or without forethought. Kim Jong Un, and his generals, are in fact a kleptocracy, but with the added kicker that they're unstable. belligerent and if they feel backed into a corner they will take steps. And if they have deliverable nuclear weapons, there is no stopping them from using the nukes. You should note that they are not shooting them at Guam, which they have threatened, but at Japan, an even bigger devil in their worldview. We will have to brave the thousands of artillery weapons they have, accept the pain and deaths from that, and push forward anyway. Note please that I do not wish to do this. I have long said that war must be the last tool from the box. But, the Chinese will do nothing to topple the Kim regime, and they are the only power who could. If the North Koreans will not moderate themselves, we will in the end have no choice but to wipe their military off the face of the earth. All right, I've said enough. I've probably said too much. But I cannot at this time see any alternative in the near future. I hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment