Sunday, November 4, 2018

2018 Midterm Elections

I don't care who you support, I want you to get out and Vote Tuesday November 6 2018.

This is of vital importance. If you are registered to vote, get off your butt and go vote! 

      Personally, I despise Donald Trump and everything he stands for.  But I want to set my personal preferences aside for a moment.*

     The means by which any democratic republic functions is when those served by the Government make their wants and needs known to those elected to represent them. The main way of doing this is by voting. Electing people who will carry out their wishes. If you do not vote, your desires will never be counted. If you don't work to elect people who will represent your needs and wishes, you will never see them come to fruition. If you do not bother to get off your backside and vote, you will have given up your chance to affect the outcome of future events. You will also have forfeited your right to complain. Do not fail in this. It takes less than an hour.  If you think supporting Trump is the way to go, then go and put your vote where your mouth is. If, on the other hand, you support things the GOP hates, then go put your vote where your mouth is.


*in the interests of full disclosure, I intend to vote for every Democrat I can, because the GOP has shown themselves to be downright un-American. I have almost never voted for the straight ticket before. -- DLC.   

No comments:

Post a Comment