Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day 2016

I don't usually do these holidays created by marketing execs.
My father was gathered unto his ancestors in 2012. He left behind 3 sons
and his loving wife, Jo. My Dad was not always the best of men. In his youth, he drank, he fought, and he philandered. In later years he would reform, drinking only in moderation, not having a temper, and joining the baptist church. His life in later years was marked by his love of his wife, Jo and his good nature. He loved fishing and golf, and spending a good time. Dad and I didn't always see eye to eye, but we settled our differences years before I moved to Arizona, and decades before he passed on. I wish he were still with us. Unfortunately, my family are not much for photos or I would post one here. Dad was a tall man, large framed, with red hair and blue eyes. I'm larger, and have greying chestnut hair and blue eyes. I don't really resemble the old man except in size.
Today I remember him. Rest in Piece,  Dad.


- DLC

No comments:

Post a Comment