Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Beginning . . .

Inaugural Post : In which I introduce myself and give a brief look at who I am and what I'm doing.

Well, I am your host, known elsewhere by my (and the blog's) Initials -- DLC.
I am not the Democratic Leadership Committee, or Downloadable Content.
I am a man of middle age and some education, much of it acquired  on my own. Like everyone, I have things I like and things I do not like, and so those things are likely going to be frequent topics here.
Some of those things I write about are (in no particular order) :
  • Current Events  -- news and political items worth noting.
  • Science -- scientific developments, discoveries and related material.
  • Sport -- Auto Racing, Baseball, Football, Shooting sports and others.
  • Computers -- Computer technology, programming and related stories.
  • Writing -- I try to write fiction. Short stories mainly but there is a novel in progress. I may publish some of that here.
  • Skepticism  -- I like to say I have an open mind, but a hard nose. If you want me to believe something, offer me some proof, either empirical or logical, but preferably both. I may from time to time deconstruct various bits of nonsense, woo, conspiracy theories or whatnot in these pages. 
  • Gaming. I play World of Warcraft, including the Legion Beta. So you might see Beta reports here, time permitting. I also play D&D and similar roleplaying games, as well as some board games and tabletop miniatures games, any or all of which may be written about in these pages.
 I look forward to writing more and hope that people like what they read here.
As I am broke (at this writing, it is not known if I will even have an internet connection tomorrow, let alone electrical power to use one with ) any financial contributions you care to make are welcome. If all you have to donate is your time, feel free to link back here to any story you find worth sharing. Comments and suggestions are accepted, but I reserve the right to block and or delete any comments I find unacceptable or offensive to the general public.
Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again!


Sincerely
      DLC.
Apropos of nothing, a picture of my cat, Witchcraft.

and also, in case anyone wanted to donate to keeping me out of the streets, here's this thingy.
paypal.me/DarinCochran


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading more later, but I at least wanted to say hello on your "inaugural" post and also say meow to Witchcraft :-) Wax on!

    ReplyDelete