Friday, June 10, 2016

Weed War 2016!



Weed War 2016:
Already into phase 3; digging out the enemy one stubborn holdout at a time. I was able to wipe out a small formation of the enemy using the string trimmer, but had to stop due to a lack of ammo. Then came the backup weapon, the hula hoe. With that, I was able to clear more small groups of the enemy, taking them en passant, using Halsey’s maxim of Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Hit Often. Finally, hula hoe amenable targets having diminished, I took to the most primitive of weapons, the spade. I was able to spade up about ¼ of the hardest held enemy positions, but two clusters will require actually digging in by hand with a trowel, as they are too close to the concrete sidewalks. Oh, for a small supply of Round-Up.
Final Note:
The enemy has retaliated in force using biological weapons and mine warfare. (pollens and goats-head thorns) I’m going to be down for cooldown and then for allergy symptoms for the next 3 or 4 hours. I went out at 10 AM and it’s already in the 90s. Tis what comes of living in Hell Central Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment